Saturday, October 30, 2010

All Mapped Out: Paris

I really love a good map. I'm a map nerd. And, in lieu of a modern or historic street map (the best), illustrations that document what a city or region is famous for are my fave. Recently, I've come across a number of fun items with a Parisian theme - something to love whether you prefer a more literal or figurative memento. Of course, if you're trying to get from Point A to Point B in the City of Lights, these might not be so handy.

Maptote makes an assortment of fabric map goodness including tote bags, zippered pouches, wine totes, note cards, bandanas and onesies, but I particularly like this Paris bandana and tote. via sfgirlbybay

Paris Bandana
Paris Symbols Tote Bag

Uncommon Goods carries an assortment of map-themed household items. They offer hand-embroidered dish towels, throw pillows and tote bags as well as fine porcelain imbued with homages to cities, states, regions and countries all over the world. These plates are my faves.
Map of Paris Porcelain Plate

And, finally, Muji carries wonderful gift items including spiffy handkerchiefs with prints of Paris, Tokyo and London. They offer both street map style or historic city views. Pretty pretties! I want that historic city hanky!
Map of Paris Handkerchief
Paris Historic City Handkerchief

No comments: