Monday, August 30, 2010

Crush: Wallpaper Madness!

Shortly after I bought my house, I decided a new color scheme was mandatory for my bathroom. And quickly. As it stands, my bathroom still looks like the Mardi Gras nightmare it did when I moved in 2 1/2 years ago. While not wholly terrible, the dark purple walls and gold trim are, well... they're just not me. One of the selling point of this house was that it has the original white octagonal tile flooring in the bathroom - and it's in remarkable condition considering it's older than my 88 year old grandmother.


To highlight the tile and speak to a time and place more in keeping with the bones of the house, I'd like to wallpaper the upper half of the room with a nice chinoiserie or some lovely modern print and lighten up the colors all around. I want lovely cool blues and greens. But I just can't quite decide if I want to go classic or modern. In any case, it's safe to say I've been drawn to wallpapers lately. Lucky for me, amazing options seem to suddenly be everywhere.


It all started when I saw this lovely living room over on decorpad. And this dining room with awesome dandelion paper on desiretoinspire. Unfortunately, neither photo identifies a source for these lovely wallpapers.
 

Later I spotted this next image over at Bodie and Fou and thought it was pretty cool.

But then my brain all but melted when I found these gorgeous patterned wallpapers from Town Toiles. They have a lovely vintage-inspired collection of wallpapers with city themes! The San Francisco and New York patterns are to die for. *sigh*

Next, I came across the fantastic patterns at Elli Popp designed by Katje Behre (via decor8).

And then there are these lovelies. Amy Butler designs from Graham and Brown (found via creature comforts).
Not to mention the beautiful wallpapers recently designed by OhJoy! for Hygge & West.

These are truly inspiring, but not necessarily the right fit for my bathroom. Perhaps the living room or the music room?. These are from Makelike's  Cactus and Succulent collections (via thelooksee).



















And these? Well, they're just plain fun! Shadow puppets and x-ray pets from paperboy wallpaper in the UK.And I LOVE these ships from FineLittleDay. They'd be wonderful for a cottage on the beach.




No comments: